The summer heat can be very harmful to your skin, especially if you’re always out and about enjoying the warm weather. As you transition into the warmer months, your skin can encounter a lot of incidents such as clogged pores, sun damage, and dehydration. So why not take an hour break this weekend and treat your skin to a DIY Face Mask?! The ladies at Bodeoo created a quick and short video tutorial on how to make your own DIY Face Mask and conveniently, all you need is an egg! (Yes, really.)
Check out the video here:
DIY Face Mask -Tutorial Tuesday
What you’ll need:
- Face Wipe
- Fork or Spork
- Separate the egg white from the egg yolk and put it in a bowl. Whisk for 1-2 minutes.
- Wash and dry your face, and then, using your fingers or tissues, spread the mixture over your entire face, avoiding the eye area.
- Leave the mask on for 30 minutes, or until it has completely dried and feels tight on your skin.
- Rinse the mask off with warm water, using face wipes to gently wipe the mask away.
- Splash your face with very cold water and gently pat dry.
If you’re wondering why you’re putting egg white on your skin, egg white is actually great for tightening and toning skin! It helps shrink large pores on the skin surface thereby reducing excess sebum. Check out this informational table on all the nutrients in egg white that are beneficial to your skin:
“My skin feels refreshed after taking off the mask!” said Brandi Jones, a member of the Bodeoo team. “I have always wanted to try an avocado mask though. I heard they work wonders!”
To spice it up a little, you can try an alternative version of the egg mask just by adding a little bit of lemon juice and raw honey. Lemon juice helps speed up the healing of existing acne as well as prevent future breakouts. Raw honey helps draw moisture to skin and retain it.
So now that school is out and you’re in the midst of getting ready to go on vacation, try a couple of DIY masks (such as the one above) to get your skin ready for the sun! Have fun masking!