We know school is right around the corner, which means you’re going to be spending hours staring at either the ceiling, your blank notebook, and twiddling with your fingers (JUST KIDDING, we know that you all are good students). But in case you do spend a lot of time staring at something, why not make them your pretty, polished nails?
One of the latest trends in nail art that we’re loving for the upcoming fall semester is glitter-gradient nails!
You’ll need: 1 x base colour, 1 x glitter polish, 1 x dense makeup sponge (clean), 1 x base coat, 1 x top coat (or an all-in-one nail treatment).
1. Paint each nail with your base coat and allow to dry.
2. Paint on 2 – 3 coats of your base colour. TIP: Rub the varnish bottle between your hands to warm the nail polish for about 25-30 seconds. This will keep bubbles out of the polish and ensure your nails are left smooth.
3. Allow some dry time in between each varnish application and wait for at least 5-10 minutes for your final coat to dry before proceeding.
4. Paint the top corner of a dense makeup sponge with your glitter polish.
5. Gently dab the glitter sponge onto the upper half of your nail to create a gradient effect.
6. Wait for it to dry.
7. Using your polish brush, directly apply a second layer onto the very tip of your nail, as though you’re painting on a french tip.
8. Add more glitter with your brush as needed. TIP: Try to keep the glitter most concentrated towards the tips of your nails to truly bring the ombre effect to life.
9. Add your top coat and clean up any messes or spills with polish remover and cotton buds.